COVID-19 Local Information for Workplaces and Businesses
Provide your After-Hours Contact Info
It's important that the health department can reach someone urgently about any potential COVID-19 exposures at your worksite. We often learn about new cases later in the day or on the weekends. Please click here to provide us with the best After-Hours contact information for your business or organization.
Stay Up-to-Date on COVID-19 Locally
Sign up here for Situational Update E-mails on COVID-19 in Barry and Eaton counties, usually about 1 email per week.
Case Reporting Form for Businesses
If you are an employer, please fill out this form if you need to report cases among your employees.
Worksite Response Plans for COVID-19
For the newest requirements and recommendations for a variety of workplaces, please visit the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity's page here.
Make sure your water is ready:
- Guidance for Reopening Buildings After Prolonged Shutdown or Reduced Operation
- Restoring Water Quality in Businesses For Reopening
- Maintaining or Restoring Water Quality in Building with Low or No Use
Michigan COVID-19 Business Resources
- Michigan's Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity with the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MiOSHA) has compiled a website that includes workplace guidelines, videos, and workplace safety reporting.
- Michigan COVID-19 Business Response Center
- Contact Tracing Recommended Actions for Employers
- MDHHS Mask Recommendations
- Pure Michigan Business Connect connects Michigan businesses with procurement needs with Michigan based personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety products suppliers.
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce has compiled a list of companies that source, manufacture or distribute PPE equipment.
- Small Business Association of Michigan's personal protective equipment resources.
- PPE Supplier List for All Businesses - Page 6
- MEDC PPE Needs and Sourcing
Restaurants and Food Establishments
- MDARD's COVID-19 Resources Page
- Best Practices for Retail Food, Restaurants, and Pick-up/Delivery, from the FDA
Long-Term Care/Skilled Nursing Facility/Nursing Home Resources
- MDHHS Nursing Home COVID-19 Plan
- Skilled Nursing Facility Testing Guidance and Associated FAQs
- MDHHS' Nursing Home Template for COVID-19 Plan (Excel file download)
- List of laboratories which are able to contract for testing
- Questions about testing guidance or resources for testing, e-mail the state at MDHHS-MSA-COVID19@michigan.gov
- AFCs/HFAs and other LTCFs who still needs assistance with COVID-19 vaccinations for their staff and residents are encouraged to do the following:
- Request a clinic, either on-site or in a retail pharmacy location, from a local pharmacy using the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention contact form
- Encourage staff, that are able, to go to a local pharmacy to get vaccinated
- Contact your local AAA/CIL organization for assistance in connecting with local services
- Local Area Agencies on Aging:
- Local Centers for Independent Living: Disability Network / MICHIGAN » CILs by County (dnmichigan.org) or Labor and Economic Opportunity - Michigan Centers for Independent Living
- Local Area Agencies on Aging:
- If after you have exhausted all your local services and still need assistance with vaccination, please contact the MDHHS LTC team at MDHHS-COVID-LongTermCare@Michigan.gov
Your Local Contact
Jodi Pessell, REHS, is now our Business Liaison for COVID-19. She is available to assist businesses with preparedness, workplace controls, COVID-19 response, questions, and concerns. The health department's goal is to improve the health and safety of employees, advise on isolation and quarantine practices, return-to work decisions, and sanitation consultation. Please be aware that the health department cannot provide legal advice, nor consult on hiring, firing, unemployment, or other human resource matters.
Jodi can be reached at email@example.com or (517) 541-2617 or (269) 798-4149
CDC maintains and updates the current guidance for businesses and healthcare settings to reduce transmission of COVID-19 in these workplaces. Up-to-date guidance can be found here:
Healthcare Settings (including dentistry, dialysis, long-term care facilities, and more)