COVID-19 Local Information for Workplaces and Businesses
Provide your After-Hours Contact Info
It's important that the health department can reach someone urgently about any potential COVID-19 exposures at your worksite. We often learn about new cases later in the day or on the weekends. Please click here to provide us with the best After-Hours contact information for your business or organization.
Stay Up-to-Date on COVID-19 Locally
Sign up here for Situational Update E-mails on COVID-19 in Barry and Eaton counties, usually about 1 email per week.
***UPCOMING WEBINAR*** We are holding a webinar for individuals providing childcare in Barry and Eaton Counties related to COVID-19 safety and guidance on June 17th from 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM. Please register here.
Understand the Basics on Reopening
Follow our checklist for your business/operation to ensure you are ready to reopen safely.
Make sure your water is ready:
- Guidance for Reopening Buildings After Prolonged Shutdown or Reduced Operation
- Restoring Water Quality in Businesses For Reopening
- Maintaining or Restoring Water Quality in Building with Low or No Use
Michigan COVID-19 Business Resources
- Michigan's Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity with the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MiOSHA) has compiled a website that includes workplace guidelines, videos, and workplace safety reporting.
- Michigan COVID-19 Business Response Center
- Pure Michigan Business Connect connects Michigan businesses with procurement needs with Michigan based personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety products suppliers.
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce has compiled a list of companies that source, manufacture or distribute PPE equipment.
- Small Business Association of Michigan's personal protective equipment resources.
- PPE Supplier List for All Businesses - Page 9
- MEDC PPE Needs and Sourcing
More Local Resources
- REVISED Workplace Screening Tools and Guidance (6/2/2020) PDF Version Word Version
- Managing COVID-19 in the Workplace (6/4/20)
- Doing Business Safely During COVID-19 Webinar (5/1/20) click here to watch the recording. To download the slides, click here.
Your Local Contact
Jodi Pessell, REHS, is now our Business Liaison for COVID-19. She is available to assist businesses with preparedness, workplace controls, COVID-19 response, questions, and concerns. The health department's goal is to improve the health and safety of employees, advise on isolation and quarantine practices, return-to work decisions, and sanitation consultation. Please be aware that the health department cannot provide legal advice, nor consult on hiring, firing, unemployment, or other human resource matters.
Jodi can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 541-2617 or (269) 798-4149
CDC maintains and updates the current guidance for businesses and healthcare settings to reduce transmission of COVID-19 in these workplaces. Up-to-date guidance can be found here:
Healthcare Settings (including dentistry, dialysis, long-term care facilities, and more)