Return to Environmental Health

Restaurant and Food Service Complaints

BEDHD is the agency responsible for investigating all illness and non-illness complaints within its Barry and Eaton counties. The Food Protection program investigates all illness-related complaints within 24 hours of receiving them. If an illness complaint is found to be part of an outbreak of illnesses, then BEDHD’s internal Public Health Emergency Response Team (PHERT) will assess the outbreak situation and put into place whatever public health interventions are necessary to eliminate any further illnesses.

To report a food service complaint, please call the Environmental Health Division: 

  • Barry County Complaints: (269) 945-9516, select 3 then 5
  • Eaton County Complaints: (517) 541-2615

Other Complaints

BEDHD investigates written complaints regarding garbage/rubbish, sewage, vermin, drinking water, and smoking, among others.

To report a non-food–related complaint or request an investigation, please fill out the Nuisance Complaint Form and mail or fax it to the BEDHD office in the corresponding county:

  • Eaton County 
  • 1033 Health Care Drive, Charlotte, MI 48813
  • Fax: (517) 541-2686
  • Barry County
  • 330 W. Woodlawn Ave., Hastings, MI 49058
  • Fax: (269) 818-0237

Back to Top