Plan First – Free Family Planning Services
Family planning helps you decide when to have a baby. This helps you and your babies stay healthy. Family Planning is more than just birth control. Family planning includes screening services that help find serious health problems, such as low blood iron, high blood pressure, and infections sooner. Plan First coverage provides free family planning services to women who qualify.
Who is Eligible?
- Are age 19-44 years
- Are US citizens or qualified immigrants
- Are Michigan residents
- Meet monthly family income limits
- Have a Social Security number or have applied for one
- Are not receiving Medicaid
- Office visits for family planning related services
- Prescriptions for birth control
- Contraceptive (birth control) supplies and devises
- Lab tests
- Treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- Some sterilizations for women 21 years of age and older
How Do I apply for Plan First?
You must submit a signed application. You can apply for these benefits at Barry Eaton District Health Department or Department of Human Services or by mail. You can print an application from MDCH website www.michigan.gov/mdch
or apply online at www.healthcare4mi.org
If mailing your application submit to
P.O. Box 30412
Lansing, MI 48909