A service of the Barry-Eaton District Health Department
Winter 2013 Heart Connections Newsletter
What is Barry-Eaton Health Connections?
Health Connections is the name of the primary care clinic established in August 2004 at both offices of the Barry-Eaton District Health Department (Charlotte and Hastings, MI). Most of the patients are members of the Barry-Eaton Health Plan. Health Connections serves all of the BEHP Plan B patients, and many Plan A and Medicaid patients as well. By providing routine access to preventive and primary care, Barry-Eaton Health Connections helps control health care costs and improves the overall health of Barry and Eaton counties.
What does Health Connections provide?
A team of physician, nurse practitioners, RN, Clinic Assistants, and Dietician provides basic preventive and primary care. Scheduled appointments are available two to three days a week in each office (Charlotte and Hastings). The clinic is open until 7 PM one night per week in each county.
What is the Barry-Eaton Health Plan?
Barry-Eaton Health Plan (BEHP) was incorporated in 2002, to help low-income uninsured residents access health care. There are two plans, Plan A and Plan B. Enrollment for Plan A is done at Department of Human Services. Enrollment for Plan B is done at the Health Connections clinic. The clinic serves about 1,000 low-income residents of Barry and Eaton counties.
Who is eligible for Plan B at Health Connections?
- Live in Barry or Eaton county
- Have no health care coverage
- Be an adult between the ages of 19-64 (children and seniors would most likely qualify for Medicaid or Medicare coverage and would be referred to the appropriate program).
- Meet income requirements
Each Addtional Member (Beyond 8)
What does Plan B cover?
Through the Health Plan and Health Connections, patients can receive:
- physician or nurse practitioner office visits at Health Connections
- generic medications (list of medicines covered is available at www.communityhealthplans.org
- lab and radiology tests
- health education at Health Connections
How much does the patient pay?
Patients are responsible for:
- $10 co-pay per office visit; and
- $7-15 co-pay for prescription medication.
How can I find out more?
Call Barry-Eaton Health Connections at 1-800-553-2565